By means of this Privacy Statement we make it clear what personal data we collect about you and what we will do with this data. This statement applies to anyone who, in accordance with the procedures set out on this website and/or Facebook page, signs up or has signed up for an activity organised by UUMUN (whether or not in cooperation with third parties) or as a future member of the board or delegation of UUMUN.
Privacy Statement UUMUN
What data do we process?
UUMUN processes the following data:
- Identification and contact details, such as your name, surname, date of birth, place of residence, e-mail address, telephone number and curriculum vitae. In addition, we may ask for your food preferences.
- Data to support your motivation to participate in an activity organised by UUMUN (whether or not in cooperation with third parties) or to support your interest in fulfilling a role as a future member of UUMUN’s board or delegation.
- Audiovisual data, such as photographs or sound recordings, collected during an activity or application procedure organised by UUMUN (whether or not in cooperation with third parties) for a future UUMUN board member or delegation member.
- Your reactions to and messages about UUMUN on social media, such as Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
What do we do with personal data?
UUMUN uses your personal data based on your consent. You can revoke this consent at any time by contacting us at the following e-mail address: email@example.com . UUMUN processes your data for the following purposes:
- To contact us: UUMUN uses your personal data, where relevant, to contact you, if necessary to verify your participation in an activity organised by UUMUN (whether or not in cooperation with third parties) or your participation in an application procedure. In addition, UUMUN may ask you what you think of an attended activity or application procedure in order to improve its offer and selection procedures and may use your personal data to contact you for other UUMUN related activities.
- Selection: UUMUN will use your personal data to the extent that they provide insight into the extent to which you meet the selection criteria published on this website in order to participate in an activity organised by UUMUN (whether or not in cooperation with third parties) or to fulfil a role as a future member of the board or delegation of UUMUN.
- Internal and external reports: UUMUN processes your data to help its board make better decisions about its activities and services.
- Promotion: UUMUN uses audiovisual material collected during an activity organised by UUMUN (whether or not in cooperation with third parties) to produce promotional material relating to UUMUN in general or this activity in particular.
Your personal data will be deleted if we no longer need it for a process or activity. Once a year, at the end of a management year, a general cleaning of the data stored by us will take place.
Who do we share this data with and why?
UUMUN may, subject to your express consent, share your personal data with public authorities and private (commercial and non-commercial) parties, insofar as it organises an activity in consultation or cooperation with these parties and insofar as this has been stipulated from a ‘recruitment perspective’ with the latter. In this way UUMUN enables its partners to select participants that they would like to reach out to for promotional purposes.
UUMUN ensures that these third parties only have access to personal data necessary for their specific work (recruitment activities in particular). This data is provided by electronic means. The relevant office receiving this data is responsible for processing this information in accordance with European laws and regulations. In order to ensure the protection of your personal data, UUMUN contractually stipulates that its partners comply with European data protection laws and regulations. We do not share information with parties outside the European Union.
Making use of your rights
You enjoy privacy rights with regard to your personal data submitted to UUMUN. For example, you have the right to view (and request a copy of), amend or delete your personal data. In addition, you can object to processing on account of personal circumstances and have this processing restricted in certain specific circumstances. Furthermore, you have the right to request UUMUN to transfer your personal data directly to other parties. The aforementioned rights can be exercised by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are dissatisfied with the way in which we have responded to your objections, you can lodge a complaint with us by sending an e-mail to the same e-mail address. In addition, you can submit a complaint to the Personal Data Authority.
How do we protect your personal data?
UUMUN operates according to a fixed policy framework and has minimum standards to protect your data. For example, your data is stored in a secure digital environment, which in technical and organisational terms can only be accessed by members of the Foundation Board. No local copies are made of your data.
How long do we retain your personal data?
UUMUN retains your personal data for as long as and for as long as this serves the purposes set out under the heading “What do we do with your personal data?”, but no longer than the next change of the Foundation Board.
Contact in response to this privacy statement
If, after reading this privacy statement, you still have questions regarding the use of your personal data, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.